The VRC’s audio-visual collection is in constant use by Department of Art and Art History faculty. The following policies are designed to ensure materials are available to the faculty and adjuncts as needed for regularly scheduled classes.
Department of Art and Art History Faculty and Adjuncts
May check out audio-visual materials overnight, for viewing off campus if needed.
- Items must be signed out on the check-out form, and returned to the VRC's in-tray in the VRC.
- Items must be returned to the VRC the next day, unless a longer loan period has been agreed with the Visual Resources Curator.
- The items may be renewed after being returned to the VRC, providing there are no prior reservations placed on them. Exceptions to this might include items already placed on the Olin Reserve Shelf.
- Reservations must be written on the check-out/reservation form in the VRC.
Students of Faculty and Adjuncts in the Department of Art and Art History
Department of Art and Art History Faculty and Adjuncts may check out audio-visual materials on behalf of their students to view in the Olin Library.
- When checking out the item, please let the Visual Resources Curator know when it will be put on the Olin Reserve shelf and the date the item will be returned to the VRC.
- If the item is to be viewed in CFAC 116, Department of Art and Art History Faculty and Adjuncts should advise students to ask the Visual Resources Curator to reserve the room
- Before viewing the item, students must sign the “Student Audio-Visual Materials Check-Out Form”.
- Immediately after viewing, the item must be returned to the VRC's in-tray in the VRC.
Faculty and Adjuncts outside the Department of Art and Art History
- All audio-visual materials are NON-CIRCULATING and may be viewed in CFAC 116, after prior consultation with the Visual Resources Curator.