Top 10 Transfer FAQs

1. What are the minimum requirements to transfer to Rollins?

The Office of Admission separates transfer students into two categories – first year and transfer students.  This is based on how long a student has matriculated at their previous institution.  Click here for more information and to see the application requirements. 

2. How does Rollins evaluate a transfer application?

Rollins does not have specific minimum admission requirements, but to be a competitive applicant you should have achieved a cumulative grade point average equivalent to a B or better in a rigorous program of study at a two- or four-year college or university. While the quality of your collegiate academic record is the most important factor in our decisions, the Admission Committee also reviews your secondary school record, standardized test scores, academic recommendations, and your potential to contribute to and benefit from the Rollins community.

3. Do I need an Associate of Arts degree to transfer?

While you do not need to have an Associate of Arts (AA) degree to transfer, all students who enter Rollins with a completed AA degree from a Florida community college will be able to take advantage of Rollins’ participation Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) Articulation Agreement

4. Who determines what courses I have already taken will transfer?

The Office of Student Records determines what courses will transfer after the Office of Admission has accepted a transfer student.  Evaluations will be mailed to accepted students within one to two weeks of a student’s acceptance to Rollins.  Student Records will only determine courses for general transfer credit and courses that fulfill Rollins’ General Education Requirements.  Learn more about the transfer credit process here.

5. Do I need to submit my high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores?

All transfer students need to submit high school transcripts and standardized test scores.  Transfer students can opt for the test-score waived option instead of sending test scores, however, students applying without test scores will not be eligible for academic scholarships.

If you did not attend or finish high school, then you will have to submit an official copy of your GED in lieu of a high school transcript.


6. What if I previously attended Rollins and I want to return?

For students that have previously applied to Rollins and did not matriculate, you will want to contact the Dean of Admission and Enrollment’s Executive Assistant, Jillian Schumm, via email to reactivate your admission application.  Jillian can be reached at  The Dean will be in touch about additional information we will need.

If you were previously enrolled at Rollins and have been away for less than one academic calendar year, you will want to contact the Dean of Students at 407-646-2345 about readmission.  However, for previously enrolled students gone more than one academic calendar year, please contact the Director of Transfer Admission, Lindsay Clark, via email.  Lindsay can be reached at

7. I already have a bachelor’s degree and I want to pursue another.  How do I apply?

If you already have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in pursuing an other, the second degree must be in a field that is completely separate from your first bachelor’s degree.  Qualified applicants are only loan eligible.  Click here to download the application.  Contact Lindsay Clark at or 407-646-2161 for more information on requirements.  You can also visit The Office of Student Records.

8. Is it possible for me to take just one class in the daytime program?

Rollins welcomes applications from candidates seeking admission as a transient, guest, or special student if they intend to take courses for credit and are not degree-seeking candidates.  You are limited to a maximum of two courses per term and are eligible to take these courses on a space-available basis.  Admission is granted for one term only.  Students who wish to continue their study in this status must make a formal request for readmission for each consecutive term.  Qualified applicants are only loan eligible, and must be enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours).  Click here to download the application.  Contact Lindsay Clark at or 407-646-2161 for more information on requirements.  

9. Do foreign transcripts require additional certification?

Any student that submits a foreign college/university transcript is responsible for having these transcripts sent through an evaluation service for translation.  Josef Silny & Associates and World Education Services are the ones that Rollins uses for evaluation services.

10. How do I schedule a visit and interview?

You can call our Visitor Liaison at 407-646-1573 and she will be happy to assist you.  You can click here to schedule a visit online.  We look forward to seeing you soon!