The academic assignments in the internship course are specifically designed to enhance the learning experience through in-depth reflection and critical analysis of the work environment. Therefore, students earn course credit for learning, not just for working.
Students can earn 2, 3, or 4 credit hours at the 300 level by completing an 80 - 160 hour internship and a comprehensive internship course.
The following are the learning objectives for the course:
• Student will be able to articulate and apply principles learned in and outside of the classroom.
• Student will complete assignments that encourage in-depth reflection of the internship experience.
• Student will gain self-understanding, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills.
• Student will develop work competencies for a specific profession or occupation.
• Student will explore career options, and gain general work experience.
Click here for a sample internship course syllabus