Allisa Johnson, Director
Office of Academic Internships
Mills Memorial Bldg, Rm. 303
Registration for Summer 2014 Academic Internships is now open on Foxlink. The deadline for all A&S/CPS and Hamilton Holt students to register to receive credit for a Summer 2014 internship is Tuesday, May 6 by 5:00 p.m. If your internship position has not been pre-approved to receive academic credit, please follow the instructions on the “Internship Approval Instructions” handout.
How do I register for the Academic Internship Course?
Students can register for the Academic Internship Course by submitting a registration form via FoxLink by the posted deadline for each semester as found on the Career Services calendar. The Academic Internship Registration Form is located in the left-hand column under the appropriate student tab (A&S/CPS Student or Holt Student). Registration for academic internships for each semester will open on the first day of advising as posted on A&S/CPS Academic Calendar. Students must submit a registration form for each semester they would like to receive academic credit for an internship.
Steps to complete Academic Internship Registration Form via FoxLink:
1. Enter your cell phone number and the number of credits you would like to receive for an internship (2, 3, or 4) and click on the button to "Save Your Changes." Based on this information, Career Services can conduct checks to determine if you are eligible to participate in an academic internship. Students will recieve an e-mail at their Rollins account from Career Services within 5-7 business days of intially saving the registration form letting them know if they are eligible to register for an academic internship course. Students should submit this initial information as soon as they have decided to pursue an internship for the following semester, so there is sufficient time for the eligibility checks to be completed. Students who are not eligible to participate in an academic internship have the option to file an academic appeal if there are extenuating circumstances that neccessitate them receiving academic credit for an internship experience.
2. Once you have secured an internship position, complete the remaining information on the registration form and click the button to "Submit Registration." Students will recieve a confirmation e-mail from Career Services letting them know when their registration has been finalized. Registration information will be sent to Student Records shortly after the registration deadline for each semester and the internship course should appear on students' class schedules by the start of the 3rd week of classes.
3. If you are seeking general elective (interdisciplinary) credit, your faculty advisor (A&S/CPS) or academic advisor (Holt) will receive an e-mail requesting their approval once you have clicked on the "Submit Registration" buttom on the form.
4. If you are seeking credit in your major/minor, approval e-mails will be sent to both your faculty/academic advisor and your department chair/internship representative. Students are responsible for ensuring that their faculty/academic advisor (and if applicable their dept. chair/internship representative) provide approval by the registration deadline posted for each semester.
5. If you are an International Student studying on an F-1 Visa, you must also submit an International Student Approval Form (Available on the Curricular Practical Training page of the International Student & Scholar Services web site) to the Office of International Students & Scholar Services. This form must be signed by a staff member in Career Services, your internship employer, and your internship instructor from Rollins.